What Are My Sellers Costs
Upon closing of the sale of your property, there may be additional costs required (known as “Closing costs”).
We have listed below the most common fees associated with the sale of property.
- Attorney Fees
- Owners Title Insurance Policy
- Pay off of existing liens, assessments, or mortgages
- Preparation of Deed
- Prepayment Penalties (if any)
- Proration of Condo or Homeowners Assoc. Fees
- Proration of Real Property Taxes
- Proration of Storm Water, Lot mowing or Garbage
- Transaction Fee to Schooner Bay of $250
- Recording Fees
- Repairs or Termite Treatment
- Sales Commission (Realtor Fee)
- State Documentary Stamps ($.70 per $100)Taxes
- Title Search & Exam
- Title Settlement or Closing Fee
- Note Recording Fees & Courier Fees
- PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance )
- Pre-paid Interest
- Pre-paid Property Insurance for 1 year
- Setup of Escrow Account for Taxes & Insurance
- Underwriting Fee
These expenses can vary depending on the Lending Institution’s requirements and regulations. You may request an estimate of these expenses from your lending institution at the time of application.
Homestead Exemption/ Property Taxes: Homesteading a property caps the tax assessments on the home during homeownership. Changes in the ownership may change the tax basis. MLS records do not necessarily reflect the current tax assessment./
Title Insurance: Listed below are estimated charges/ range of charges for settlement services. You should shop around to determine that you are reviewing the best services and the best rate for these services. Who pays the title insurance is generally based upon area customs, terms of the contract and is negotiable.
Base Title Insurance: | Rate: $5.75 per thousand up to $100,000 & $5.00 per thousand there after
Settlement Services | Rate: $250.00-350.00 (closing search and exam)
File Storage for 7 years | Rate: Up to $35.00
These figures are examples, and should not be used in your calculations. Please request accurate figures from your title company.